Community Health Systems Inc. is working on becoming a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
What is a Patient Centered Medical Home?
Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a certified model of care that focuses on you (the patient) and your health. CHS strives to offer services that support you and your unique healthcare needs. As a PCHM home, we work together to stay focused on you, to improve the quality, safety, and value of your care.
As a PCMH, here is what you can expect:
- Care that is Accessible: You can receive care in a timely manner. The medical home delivers accessible services with shorter waiting times for urgent needs, enhanced in-person hours, and 24/7 telephone or electronic access (MyChart) to a member of the care team.
- Patient-Centered: You and your family are important parts of your healthcare team. We respect each patient’s unique needs, culture, values, and preferences.
- Safe and Continuous: You regularly see the same providers.
- Coordinated: Your team coordinates all your care, including sharing information and records with outside specialist care, should you need it.
- Compassionate: Your well-being is the highest priority.
Medical Home Benefits:
- Improve communication between you, your family and your healthcare providers
- Help you understand and manage your health
- Advocate for you, when necessary
- All your medical, dental and behavioral health care are under one roof.
- Remind you of upcoming appointments/ tests
- Help you reach your health goals
Medical Home Team:
- You (the patient)
- Your family
- Your primary care provider (doctor, nurse practitioner, physician assistant)
- Nurses, medical assistants, specialized care providers, behavioral health counselors, and others who help you manage your health