This blog post was written by Giuliana Gonzalez Barrios of the Beloit Area Community Health Center.
October is National Depression Screening Month, and Nurse Practitioner Giuliana Gonzalez Barrios has some great tips for supporting your loved ones.
1 in 100 deaths is by suicide… Wondering what you can do to help?
First, recognize who might be at risk:
- Someone who was tried to take their own life before
- People with depression or emotional distress
- Someone with alcohol or drug problems
- People living with chronic pain or illness
- Those who have experienced violence, abuse, or other trauma
If you are worried about someone, here is what you can do:
- Talk to them about how they are feeling
- Check in with them regularly
- Encourage them to seek professional help
Beloit Area Community Health Center offers mental health services
We are here to support you and your loved ones!
Questions? Contact Beloit Area Community Health Center at 608-361-0311