CHS is monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and is committed to keeping you informed. Use these resources to learn what you can do to keep you and your family safe and healthy.
Note: We are offering drive-thru services for upper respiratory screening for those experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Please visit this page for more information.
We are committed to your safety
Community Health Systems, Inc. is committed to protecting your health and safety when visiting our clinic. We have taken several steps to ensure we maintain and clean, safe environment for all patients, visitors, and staff.
What is COVID-19?
An outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus was first detected in China and has now been detected in other countries, including the U.S. The disease has been named COVID-19. Symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough and shortness of breath.
If you think you are sick
If you think you’re experiencing an emergency, dial 911.
1. Learn your risk
- These make you higher risk:
- Fever, cough, trouble breathing
- Being an older adult
- Conditions like heart or lung disease
2. Call your medical provider
- Call ahead before visiting a medical office
- Follow your providers instructions
- Stay home unless advised by your provider
How do I get tested for COVID-19?
Testing requires authorization. Please call your provider at 608-361-0311 if you think you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms, or need to learn more about testing.
What can I do to keep me and my family safe?
CDC guidelines and prevention tips:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Keep 6 feet away from others and avoid large gatherings.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home and avoid going out.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.