Federally Qualified Health Centers who receive Section 330 grants, such as Community Health Systems, and FQHC look-alikes must be governed by a board of directors.
The board must include a majority (at least 51%) of active, registered clients of the health center who are representative of the populations served by the center. The governing board ensures that the center is community based and responsive to the community’s health care needs.
Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards
- Determine the organization’s mission, core values and vision
- Select and evaluate the Chief Executive Officer
- Ensure effective organizational planning
- Ensure adequate resources and that they are managed effectively
- Monitor organizational programs and services
- Enhance organization’s public exposure and standing
- Maintain organizational accountability – legally and ethically
- Recruit new Board members and regularly assess Board performance
Join our Board
If you are interested in making a difference and becoming a member of the CHS Board of Directors, please contact us at (608) 313-3116, submit an electronic membership application or complete a membership application (PDF) and return it via email or mail to: Community Health Systems, Inc. Attention; Katrisa Hilliard 74 Eclipse Blvd. Beloit, WI 53511.
Board of Directors Members
|Kristin Loehr||Treasurer||TAGI Pharma, Inc.|
|Ruth Gray||Secretary||Beloit Clinic|
|Linda Garza||Director||School District of Beloit|
|Doris Mulder||Director||Beloit Health Systems|